No post yesterday, as it was my day off from the gym, therefore it was my day off from posting. I like to spend those evenings tooling around on Facebook, watching movies and reading. It's a rest day and I take full advantage of it!
As for today, it is my last work day of eating no sugar/no carbs. No more packing bowls of nuts and packages of cheese and eating salads for lunch. Well, almost. I have to add carbs and sugar back in to where it wont make me blow up like a balloon. This is my only concern with this whole experiment.
I am going to start to add back carbs very minimally, and they will have to be complex carbohydrates, whole grains, oats, etc. I think I am going to see how 30 grams of carbs works out, and keep my sugars to a minimum, allowing negotiable amounts like in ketchup, bbq sauce, etc. Did you know dry roasted peanuts have sugar and corn starch in them? I didn't either. It's extremely minimal, but still.
I will begin again with lean meats, veggie protein, a host of veggies, and adding back in some fruit (I miss you fruit) by adding an apple a day. This combined with the addition of minimal carbs, and the ramp up of my running program, I am hoping to off-set the shock to my body by allowing carbs back in.
On the down side, this will be the last day to enjoy my Baja salad at Rio Wraps with large amounts of sour cream and cheese. Next week I more than likely will not have one at all. Perhaps just a spinach salad with a hard boiled egg.
*Sigh*
If there were an all-bacon diet, I would be on board! HAHAHAHA
Workout this evening! See you soon.
Fatkins can be an all bacon diet! You are doing great!!! I'm sooo excited for you. After this weekend of going through the fridge I think I'll do Fatkins for a while.
ReplyDeleteFATKINS! HAHA I love it. Yeah, I guess it could be an all bacon diet, but I fear the bacon breath that would follow.
ReplyDelete