Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday night fun! Plus a photo!


Alright - I took a real photo tonight. Just a note, the door behind me is not a normal size door, it's actually quite narrow. This was before my workout tonight.

Speaking of working out, here's what we did this evening:

Warm-up:
  • Ladders of mountain climbers and leg scissors, starting at 100 each, then 80, 60, 40, & 20
Intervals:
  • 1st segment
    • 10 down-ups
    • kettle bell squat thrusters, each arm 21 reps
    • kettle bell swings, 21 reps
    • kettle bell squat thrusters, each arm 15 reps
    • kettle bell swings, 15 reps
    • kettle bell squat thrusters, each arm 9 reps
    • kettle bell swings, 9 reps
    • 10 down-ups
    • kettle bell squat thrusters, each arm 9 reps
    • kettle bell swings, 9 reps
    • kettle bell squat thrusters, each arm 15 reps
    • kettle bell swings, 15 reps
    • kettle bell squat thrusters, each arm 21 reps
    • kettle bell swings, 21 reps
    • REPEAT
  •  2nd segment
    • Run to Cambourne and back
    • complete ladder of mountain climbers and leg scissors, 100, 80, 60, 40, 20 reps
    • Run to Cambourne and back
    • complete ladder of mountain climbers and leg scissors, 100, 80, 60, 40, 20 reps
  • Stretch
And now for the exciting news! Starting tomorrow I can finally add carbs back to my diet. We are using the Zone Diet as a model of how to do this slowly and effectively while continuing to lose weight.

I read the book A Week in the Zone today, and it does fit the bill as what would be our next step. It's fairly simple to follow. The basic plan is 40/30/30, meaning 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. At each meal I need to pair my protein with carbs and fat. If you can picture a plate divided in thirds, put 4 ounces of lean mean on it and fill the rest with favorable veggies and fruits. Each meal has to contain a protein. And, this is not considered a high protein diet as I will be consuming more carbs than protein.  I am just really excited over eating fruit again. Not having an apple has been the hardest part of the 10 days without sugar and carbs.

So - tomorrow is a new diet adventure. I have to go and plan my meals for the day.
See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment