On Friday, I went with friends to Frankenmuth for the 80's Fest. I knew this would be a weekend of beers and food that is NOT on my diet. Couple that with no exercise for a few days, and I was starting to panic that my hard work was in jeopardy. I forgot my bathing suit, so I couldn't swim. Left to my own devices, I had a nice Belgium beer in the hotel restaurant.
I did avoid:
- pizza
- cheese and crackers
- chocolate
- chips
- ice cream
- smoothies
- mustard and pretzel sticks
- a turkey wrap
- eggs and bacon
- all-you-can-eat chicken dinner
- Starbucks
I did get some exercise at 80's Fest:
I danced, and yes, I had the big beer, but only one, and it was Miller Lite (NOT a favorite, and I could barely finish it) - but lots of walking and dancing and people watching was accomplished!
Then, I had to come home to health and exercise! I was actually glad to eat GREENS and a salad on Saturday night. I was so excited to get back into the gym on Sunday - it was all a blur as to what we did for workouts. I know I boxed, and I know I did a lot of down-ups, but I was just happy to feel like I had returned to normal.
Did I weigh myself today? Nope. Not a chance. I honestly do not want to know. I don't want to beat myself up because I had fun for two days. Everyone needs fun, and going off my diet for a day or two will not kill me. In fact, I think its good to "shock your system" every once in a while, as long as you are able to get back on the wagon the next day.
I ate very well today, including a big green salad with chopped broccoli. I drank a ton of water, and had I am following my own rule of "Meatless Monday" - and had meatless meatballs for dinner. I feel great, and had a great workout - which was a big blur again.
We did a lot of heavy ropes tonight. I love heavy rope workouts. In fact, this is very very similar to what we did tonight, as we alternated into kettle bell swings as well:
And what I find amusing are the terrible spelling errors in the title of that youtube video! :)
Until tomorrow!

Yep, I had a weekend off the wagon too (can you say lobster bisque, bitter chocolate cake and a Philly cheesesteak? yeah) but I'm back on today. Can't say I feel "good" yet, but I'm glad to be back on my way to goal.
ReplyDeletemmmm the chocolate cakes sounds devine! I'll be eating cake this weekend for my birthday! Then I'll have a lot of running to do. *sigh*
ReplyDelete