Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Warrior!

2nd day on the 40/30/30 plan. It seems to be going well.
For breakfast I had scrambled eggs, a slice of bacon, and a slice of toast.
I just put chicken and veggies in the crockpot with some organic and low-fat Italian marinade. And, I have some asparagus veggie mix to steam. For something sweet, I have some seedless grapes for later. I am going to put some in the freezer, as I hear they taste delicious that way.

I am wearing pajama bottoms currently that keep falling down. As annoying as it is, I actually am loving it.  It's a good reminder to myself not to break down and eat something I shouldn't. At the restaurant this morning they screwed up my order, and brought me hash browns and 6 slices of turkey bacon along with my eggs and toast. I LOVE HASH BROWNS, but did not touch a single one. All I ordered was two eggs scrambled, rye toast, and a side of bacon (I usually split it with Tom). Now the hash browns, turkey bacon, and extra toast are in the fridge. I will end up putting the bacon in my salad tomorrow.

Today's workout was tough:
  • boxing drills
    • 2 minutes rounds
    • 1 minute of abs
    • REPEAT FOR THE HOUR
  • TRX bands
    • 20 jumping hack-squats - 5 sets
    • 10 pulls (rows) - 5 sets
    • REPEAT TWICE
  • Three sets of:
    • 50 pull-up jumps
    • 50 two handed kettle bell swings
    • drop lunges laddering down from 20 (19, 18, 17,...)
  • Ladder drill (100, 80, 60, 40, 20)
    • bicycle crunches
    • side jumps
  • Three sets of:
    • 20 squat thrusters each arm
    • 25 supermans
    • 25 accordion crunches
GREAT WORKOUT - I was kind of sad we didn't have better weather to do a run.
Tomorrow I start adding in a 30 minute run at lunch on alternating days (weather permitting) to start the ramp-up to my 5K. From the looks of the weather outside, it does not sound promising. I just heard thunder! Spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment