We did some new things tonight. In particular, we did drag runs. A drag run is when you have a rope around your waist with someone holding the rope behind you as you run. They create resistance making it hard for you to run, and you have to "drag" them behind you. Yeah. It was freakin' hard. My legs are definitely going to feel it tomorrow.
It really felt good to back in action. It's so much different working out with someone, and in a small group, than re-creating the workouts at home or at the gym by yourself. I struggled with that a little yesterday.
Yesterday I had a terrible day at work. My afternoon sucked. All I wanted to do was curl up on the couch. In fact, I came right home and took a nap. My intention was to wake up at 7:30PM, and head to the gym when it's less busy. I was in my gym clothes, had my ipod ready to go, and all I had to do was wake up, jump up and go.
But, sleep feels nice. Especially after a hard day. I cant tell you how good it felt to wrap up in my blanket and take a snooze. My alarm went off and I just laid there. I could not get myself up. I could not motivate myself to get moving. Laying there just felt good, and its all I wanted to do. I had every excuse going through my head to skip out of a workout. You name it, I thought it. I was really fighting with myself not to go.
But what motivated me to finally get up off my butt and move? I started thinking about all the hard work I put in so far. I started thinking about my vision of what I want to look like and how I want to feel in a few months. Do I want to put that off another day? I know I will feel better after, and my mood will be better. I just know that I will benefit from whatever I choose, so just do it.
I did end up at the gym, and I compromised with myself and did 4.5 miles on the elliptical trainer. I did feel better, and I know my motivation will return when I get back into the studio...and it did as of tonight!
WEDNESDAY WORKOUT:
- boxing bag drills on all three bags (they are different kinds of bags)
- jumping rope
- mitt work with Jeff
- mountain climbers/jumping jacks/twists
- down-ups and hits.
- 3 laps of drag runs (as described above)
- tractor tire flipping (3 flips, and run around the building) [we did this in rotation, and I have no clue how many times we did this]
- deep squats
- rotations of push-ups (groups of three, each person does a set of twenty then holds the static position until the other two in the group finish, and start again - 3 times through)
- rotations of mountain climbers (groups of three, same as above)
- rotations of leg scissors (groups of three, same as above)
- rotations of deep squats (groups of three, same as above)
Congrats on pushing yourself to workout! Awesome!
ReplyDelete