Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday - Run and run some more...

What a fantastic day! I typically have a hard time with Mondays because of the whole "start of the week" thing, and getting organized. Today just went really well.

I packed my running gear for a short run at lunch. I started using my Nike+ again to prepare for my upcoming race. Armed with technology, I can monitor how far I have run, and my average pace, as well as calories burned. I also can set it up to monitor time instead of distance, so I can work on timed runs. For example, today I set it for 30 minutes. I love that 15 minutes into my run, it will tell me I am halfway, and then I know to turn around and head back. In 30 minutes I was able to do about 2.44 miles. I did have to walk for about 5 minutes to get past some nasty wet, mushy and holey grass. The wind played a part in slowing me down, as well as the hilly sub I chose to run in. But, it will be good training for the upcoming race near the lake.

After my run, I snuck out to Starbucks for my "usual" (Skinny Caramel Latte, sugar-free and non-fat). I managed to get back to the office with plenty of time to make my lunch and eat.

Speaking of lunch, I discovered a pretty decent frozen meal brand that is low fat, and actually tasty and filling. The brand is Cedar Lane, and the Garden Vegetable Lasagna was nice. They have a whole line of healthier selections, and I plan on checking them out.

Today's workout:
  • boxing drills
  • run to Cambourne 
  • boxing drills
  • run to Cambourne
  • 25 accordion crunches
  • 50 kettle bell snatch (25 each arm)
  • 25 push-ups
  • 50 kettle bell snatch - two handed
  • 25 down-ups
  • 50 kettle bell snatch and press (25 each arm)
  • 50 mountain climbers
  • run to Cambourne
  • repeat again from accordion crunches including the run
  • 50 TRX band pulls (rows)
  • 50 squat thrusts
  • stretch
Add in my lunchtime run, and I think I burned some serious calories today!

2 comments:

  1. You are really doing great! What's Cambourne? I'm inspired by what you are doing, i just wish I was driven enough to do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cambourne is a street near the studio. We use is as a landmark for sprints. To Cambourne and back is about a 1/2 mile. In total I ran about 2 miles at the studio, and a little over 2 miles at lunch. And it's beautiful out today, so most likely we will have a long run at the studio.
    You can do this Barb! Like the commercial says, just do it!

    ReplyDelete