Friday, April 22, 2011

Better Thursday, and Good Friday!

Thursday night starts my 3 day weekend!
Thursday night also was the last day of training with my trainer until next Wednesday. Doesn't he know he doesn't get a vacation? My fitness is in jeopardy! hahahah!

What will I be doing without my safety crutch of having a trainer? Well, I got my Gymboss in the mail yesterday! WOOHOO! It's hot pink, and really easy to use. I could NOT wait to get into the gym and use it today. So many ideas in my head...

I'll probably use it all weekend long. I have running to do this weekend while I am ramping up for my race at the end of May, and it is also my birthday, so I WILL be eating cake. I will also be eating a little Honeybaked Ham, and some potato salad. My mother makes the best, so I need to eat it! I will also be eating the rolls I am picking up on Sunday from the french bakery - I mean it's the holidays! I have to have a little of each right? I WONT over-do it, and WILL be watching my portions and calories. I DON'T need to eat until I am stuffed. If I eat a healthy breakfast, I know I will not over-eat for Easter dinner. I am also planning my long run that afternoon - the holidays DONT mean to slack off the exercise. I know there is always time to fit it in.

GOOD THINGS THIS WEEK:
  • bought a pair of workout pants in the wrong size by accident (smaller) and they FIT
  • have not really missed sweets, pastries especially - I turned down the FREE CUPCAKE on Thursday
  • I'm actually looking forward to my new glasses, even if they are progressive lenses - I like being able to see
  • with birthdays comes all kinds of FREE - looking forward to free coffee drinks and beers tomorrow! :)
THURSDAY'S WORKOUT:
  • Performed a ladder (starting at 15 reps, counting down by odd numbers to 1)
    • down ups
    • push ups
    • deep squats
  • Run 1600 meters
  • Performed a ladder (starting at 14 reps, counting down by even numbers to 2)
  • Mountain climbers
  • Ham string raises
  • Stretch, and celebrate 5 days of freedom from the trainer! hahahaha
FRIDAY'S WORKOUT (ON MY OWN):
  • 30 minute run - slower pace (longer runs will be over the weekend)
  • Tabata intervals:
    • push ups
    • ball squats
    • reverse crunches
    • rows
    • sit ups
Saturday should be a colder gray day as well, but I might just get up, get my butt to the trail, and run for an hour. That's what I am hoping for!

No comments:

Post a Comment