Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Being Sick on a Diet

Today I woke up feeling crappy. Scratchy throat, coughing, stuffy, and basic crappiness in the head. I decided to stay home from work.

I always feel like this is a diet buster. Being sick, I am never feeling hungry, nor do I really have the desire to eat. I know I have to eat, but I just don't want to. Also, after working out on a regular basis, your mind plays tricks on you and tells you that "if you don't work out you are going to gain weight!" - well that's just not true. Stay true to yourself, and your diet plan, and one day off wont cause you to gain pounds from being sick. Just get back up tomorrow, and continue along like you would normally, keeping to your diet and exercise plan. Take care of yourself today to get better.

So, I forced myself up and made myself a cheese omelet. I used 3/4 cup of egg beaters, 1/2 tbsp of Land-o-Lakes light butter w/canola oil, and 1 wedge of Laughing Cow light swiss cheese. ~150 calories, a great source of protein and under 30% calories are from fat. I may have a few soy crisps as a snack, and then some fruit later.

No work-out today. *sigh*, but I should be back at it Friday. If I have no training tomorrow night, and I feel good, I might venture out to the gym on my own and do a workout on my own - just a light one - and get my running in for my running program (race in under two months!). My three mile run yesterday went very well, and I shaved some minutes off my time. I want to keep it up. My knee has been feeling great on my runs, and I hope that my knee continues to feel good. The more weight I lose, the less pressure on my knee, and hopefully the less pain I will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment