Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Humpday!

First off, I just made a delicious egg beater omelet tonight. I typically am not a huge egg beater fan, but during this whole no sugar/no carbs streak, I resorted to eating them quite a bit over eggs. I used butter, which probably defeats the purpose of egg beaters, but hey, butter I can eat!

I put butter in the pan, shook up the egg beaters and poured them over the melted butter (I use Land-O-Lakes canola spreadable in the tub). I made the omelet and at the last minute before folding it over in the pan, I cut up two wedges of the low-fat Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese, and a handful of shredded cheddar and put it in the middle of the omelet and folded it over, cooking a little on both sides until the cheese was all melty. It was delicious. Now, If I only had a slice of toast or potatoes with that...*sigh* - but it's fine. Saturday is the last day. My mantra today is "two more days, two more days, two more days."

Gym time!!
  • Boxing drills
    • several rotations on the bag:
      • Wrecking ball bag - upper cut repeats for 2 minutes
      • Mushroom bag - straight punches repeats for 2 minutes
      • in between bag sets include 30 seconds of ab hits
      • Wrecking ball bag combinations to include upper cuts for 2 minutes
      • Mushroom bag combo of double jab-cross-double jab- hook with same hand, two minutes
      • in between bag sets include 30 seconds of ab hits
      • REPEATS THIS TWICE
      • Mit rotations with Jeff, and jump rope when not hitting with Jeff - 2 minutes rounds. I don't remember how many we did.
      • 3 sets of the following:
        • 2 minutes of down-ups
        • 2 minutes of jumping jacks
        • 2 minutes of twists
      • last but not least ABS:
        • sit-ups with straight punches starting with 20 hits, down by two's 
        • sit-ups with straight punches starting with 2 hits, up by two's
  • Burst training
    • For 30 minutes, at the start of each minute complete the following:
      • 5 TRX band pulls (rows)
      • 10 push-ups
      • 15 deep squats
      • (essentially you will do 150 rows, 300 push-ups, and 450 deep squats)
I hate to admit that the 30 minute workout is one of my favorites. It is amazing how much you get your heart going doing this, and how hard everything really gets after 15 minutes. Especially after about an hour of boxing.

And, to end on a positive note, I obsessively weighed myself today, and I appear to be down another pound. That's an even 20 people!

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you that you look fabulous. . .sorry!!! ( I got preoccupied because of the office bitches)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! I know, the drama consumed us! Next time there will be crop-dusting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...now I want cheesy eggs. I'm starting Atkins on Wednesday...I'll have to keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm Laughing Cow cheese is sooo good when it's melted.

    ReplyDelete