Thursday, March 24, 2011

TABATA Intervals and sugar free!

Last night's workout was TABATA intervals. TABATA intervals are 4 minutes working a specific exercise, but doing 20 seconds on very intensely with a 10 second break. The exercises we did were:
  • mountain climbers
  • jump squats
  • jacks with a squat
  • dips
  • squat thrusts
  • bicycle crunches
It was killer. My thighs are not happy today, but I know this intensity training has huge benefits. After that we ended with three 1 minute sets of:
  • accordion crunches
  • bicycle crunches
  • more freakin' mountain climbers
That man loves his mountain climbers and down-ups. I used to hate them, but now they feel like rest compared to some of the other stuff we do.

We also started phase 3 in this super intense program, which is going sugar free and carb free for 10 days to two weeks. I may stab someone at the end of the two weeks, and I can't wait to have a piece of toast. It's very food specific. My diet for the next two weeks will consists of:
  • low-fat diary, including cheeses
  • eggs
  • lean meats
  • nuts
  • legumes
  • beans
  • high fiber veggies
So - no carrots for me. No nice rooty veggies that I love. The only saving grace is that there are no calorie restrictions. I can eat as much as I want, and I must drink a ton of water. This morning I have already guzzled down 2 liters of H2O. I am floating away. I was unsure if I could drink coffee, emailed my trainer, and because I threatened to commit crimes and murder without coffee, he gave me a pass. I wonder if I can do a sugar free latte. hmmmmmmmmmm

At least I am eating things I really like. What I am restricted to eating is really not the hard part. It's what I can't eat that is freaking me out. I don't typically eat tons of bread, but I like granola and oats and honey. Instead, I am sitting here eating hulled pumpkin seeds, cheese, and sliced turkey breast. I wonder if I can chew sugar-free gum?

The good news of the day? Down 2 pounds. My stomach actually looked flatter for the first time in a few weeks. I am really happy with the progress, and all of this crazy hard work will be worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss! Your hard work is really paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michele! I am really curious to see how going sugar free for two weeks impacts everything as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I'm impressed. I don't think I could do without fresh fruits. But I should try that - need to get my weight loss jump started again! I'm proud of you (but then again, I don't have to stay out of your way when you are ready to stab someone!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pamela! I am looking forward to eating some fresh fruit again! I miss it already, and it has only been one day!!

    ReplyDelete