Jump right in? SURE. Well, maybe just the big toe first. I’m talking about measuring myself. I have never done this before, and I guess this is an excellent marker of progress over numbers on the scale.
I don’t know why, but I have an irrational fear of the numbers I will get with the tape measure. I already know that I know I need to lose weight, so what is the big deal? Will measuring me make it more real? It doesn’t get more real than shopping for jeans, and I don’t need a measuring tape to tell me how jeans just don’t fit anymore.
So, I thought I would start with just one number. One measurement to show progress and then I will progress from there. I started with my waist. BLAH.
My waist measures in at 34.5 inches. I am so unhappy about it, but why? I should not be surprised. I also had my body fat measured on Sunday. That number was WORSE. 38%. Nothing could be more inspiring to me now to make even more significant changes.
Today I am making small changes, and adding small changes as I go. Today’s changes are getting appropriate amounts of water. I will be working out later with my trainer, and will need extra hydration. I have added lemon to my water, as I read it helps thin out the bile and lets my liver work better. I will limit my coffee intake this morning. I took a multi-vitamin and I am getting ready to drink my Immuni-C (there are too many people running around with the flu around here), and instead of stopping for an egg sandwich, I ate my granola, and later will add some fruit.
Small changes will soon result in big changes I can see. I am looking forward to changing my numbers, both on the scale and on the tape measure.

No comments:
Post a Comment