Monday, March 28, 2011

All I have to say is WOW! But will it stick??

Last week I reported a total weight loss of 4 pounds. I hopped on the scale this morning (I usually weigh myself on Mondays at work, first thing, even before that first cup of coffee) and HOLY SH*T! I was down another 5.5 pounds? How could this possibly be? I know the whole no sugar, no carbs thing can make you drop pretty quick, but I was expecting about a pound difference from Friday to Monday.

I measured myself today:
  • Lost an inch in my waist
  • Lost an inch on my thighs
  • Lost an inch on my bat wings
I want to be super duper positive and take this loss as a super win, but I fear when I start to introduce carbs back in a week, I may have a gain. I will need to talk to Jeff on the transition back to food. Do I miss bread and sugar and carbs all that much? Yes and no. I do love being able to eat a ham and cheese omelet, and finish the entire thing without worry. Prior to this I would just order eggs. I have a lot of adjusting to do I suppose. I noticed that I really don't eat tons of bread. I do eat granola, sometimes twice a day. Perhaps that needs to be the cutback. What I miss most is the sugar. I love a good slice of cake, and a nice home-made cookie.

Everything in moderation I guess...when the time comes.
Right now I am dancing the happy dance!

2 comments:

  1. If you don't gain the weight back after you go off, i'm cutting carbs and sugar for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff seems to continue to ramp up the workouts, so I am thinking once we are off this 10 day experiment, we will be adding more to our workouts. I do realize just how much crappy sugary carbs (even though they are lowfat) I do eat in a day, and I am thinking I need to cut back on those in general and I will be fine.

    ReplyDelete