FINISH LINE!
Click on the link above for a fun look at my finish in the Bayshore Marathon/10K! :)
Chip time: 1:19:48
I am very proud of my time, especially since it was only months ago that I could not walk up and down stairs properly. I went from rehabbing an LCL injury in my left knee, to running a 10K in about 4 months. In my opinion, this is a very proud and landmark moment for me.
Pre-race, 7AM. Bayshore Marathon/10K.
This race takes place on the Old Mission peninsula in Traverse City Michigan. It's a beautiful course along the bay. Except for the first mile, the rest of the race is right along the shore. Even though it rained today, the scenery was still beautiful.
And we are off! The start of the race is near the college, and was a crowded start. I like it when you are assigned "corrals" with those who run the same pace. When it's a free-for-all like this, there is a lot of chaos between the slower and faster runners until it thins out.
This is a photo of attempted to take of myself with my phone while running on the course. This is not easy to do. I couldn't stop to look to see if it even worked. I just had to click and keep running, and check it out after the race.
I was excited to find out that my boyfriend was able to catch this "high-five" on the finish line lap! I turned up the heat, and sprinted to the finish.
I am officially ready to begin training for the Detroit Marathon, and I am planning on actually running the 1/2 Marathon. The Detroit Marathon is unique because it has two border crossings, the Ambassador Bridge (to Canada) and the Windsor Tunnel (back to the USA). I have run the tunnel segment in a Marathon Relay, but I think I am ready to tackle the Bridge and 13.1 miles!
My knee felt GREAT. I was amazed myself. I struggled a little training for the race and had plenty of sore knee issues. All of my weight training really paid off. My longest run prior to the race was 4.58 miles, and I was able to run the 6.1 miles without stopping to walk. In fact I could have continued for maybe another mile. Once my legs were in the groove, it was easy to keep going.
You can do what you set your mind to. Anything is possible!
I can't wait until the next race!

Cool! Congrats on a job well done! You *almost* make me want to run.....lol, jk! I don't run unless something is chasing me!
ReplyDelete